I-league 2012-13 General Discussion thread

Comments

• DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

What is the limit for these passes? I think every affiliated club of GFA gets these passes and not just the 4 clubs. So they add up ti quitr a lot.

• > Domnic said:
    > @kid and joy. I hope you guys remember the heated discussion we had few weeks back about the actual attendence. You guys were mocking me when I said thay the attendence in Goa does not depend on tickets. My stand is vindicated by this revelation.
    >
    > There are far too many passes given out. Even i have a complimentary season pass. Although I got it from someone in CB. And when I go to stadium I see these passes with every tom dick and harry. And all these passes are for free.
    >
    > I dont understand why these passes are given out???? I think every person can afford 30 Rs.

I dont see how that helps. 6,000 is different from the supposed 10,000 and also only like 700 payed. Technically the real attendance is 700 + people with passes. 

And the GFA is stupid if they allow you to give out around 5,300 tickets.
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    edited November 2012

Domnic said:

What is the limit for these passes? I think every affiliated club of GFA gets these passes and not just the 4 clubs. So they add up ti quitr a lot.

Because now matches are organized by home teams every ticket is their property.

Some % of tickets if the away side wants the home side have to sale to the away side. Except this all tickets can be given a passes.

• DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

Arsenalkid700 said:
    > Domnic said:
    > @kid and joy. I hope you guys remember the heated discussion we had few weeks back about the actual attendence. You guys were mocking me when I said thay the attendence in Goa does not depend on tickets. My stand is vindicated by this revelation.
    >
    > There are far too many passes given out. Even i have a complimentary season pass. Although I got it from someone in CB. And when I go to stadium I see these passes with every tom dick and harry. And all these passes are for free.
    >
    > I dont understand why these passes are given out???? I think every person can afford 30 Rs.

I dont see how that helps. 6,000 is different from the supposed 10,000 and also only like 700 payed. Technically the real attendance is 700 + people with passes. 

And the GFA is stupid if they allow you to give out around 5,300 tickets.

6000 is an estimate. It is not the gospel truth. It was higher than 6K.

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

I think @dominic's point is that people come to attend the matches and there's passion. The utility and financial part is another matter. but he is saying that the Goan's come to watch the games

• Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
    edited November 2012

> rudra said:
    > I think @dominic's point is that people come to attend the matches and there's passion. The utility and financial part is another matter. but he is saying that the Goan's come to watch the games

Thats all fine. Excellent really. Goa is proving that it has football support but keep in mind these two things...
    1) That great crowd is never seen on TV so sadly it does not help in that department as much as it should. And...

2) Where is the revenue. This is a major point because yes you have fans but you are not making any money out of it. No wonder a club like Sporting Goa can have an attendance of reportedly 7,000-8,000 a game and yet still find it hard to stay afloat every year. And right now I am hearing all these things like how the clubs will gain money once the mines are open again and all this SRK or Dhoni ownership things but that means nothing when a club can not make any money or barely any from ticket sales.

Perhaps this is why the SRK deal never went through. Perhaps he was interested. Saw that it was a big club with big ambitions which stretch out of India (AFC Cup or AFC Champions League), and are connected with a good European club and they have one of the best coaches India has ever seen but then he saw the yearly revenue and probably saw a small intake in ticket sales or concessions.

Obviously there were also other reasons but I bet this was one of the major reasons. What will happen as Indian football grows? When transfer fees start getting more common and more higher how will these clubs pay for it. The charity style wont work anymore, fan shares will not be enough and the owners wont just waste there hard earned money on this. There is a limit!

I think the All India Football Federation need to investigate this. And not only with the Goan clubs but also with the other 10 clubs in I-League. Shillong Lajong, Mohun Bagan and East Bengal all get around 25,000-30,000 a game and yet we hear all these things that are wrong with them despite many sponsorships and high attendances. Same with Sikkim despite them having around 15,000 a game. How do South Korean clubs which average 4,000 a game make more then the attended clubs. There are 12 clubs in the K-League out of 16 who have an attendance below 10,000 and yet look at them... how good they are doing off the field. Free passes are fine but the amount given out is outstanding. Something needs to be done about this.
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points

@arsenalkid700 Korean clubs have 4000 average attendance?... i am a bit surprised..what would a season pass cost..if they can manage i see a ray of light for Indian clubs......but again the.hurdle would be good.club infrastructures ..

• > silicon3 said:
    > @arsenalkid700 Korean clubs have 4000 average attendance?... i am a bit surprised..what would a season pass cost..if they can manage i see a ray of light for Indian clubs......but again the.hurdle would be good.club infrastructures ..

Yep and look at this random match-report I pulled off the official website... http://www.kleague.com/matchcenter/popup_matchReport.aspx?iMeet_Year=2012&iMeet_Seq=1&iGame_Id=303

Attendance was 2,000. However South Korea is a very small country once you get out of the cities. India is the exact opposite and that is why 2,000 for us is very sad. Everything is more expensive, especially travel. Seoul to Jeju is a quick cheap flight... Goa to Siliguri and then to Gangtok is not.

• shankarshankar 2600 Points

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > BTW At the beginning of the game they showed that Colm Toal is at the Sporting Goa vs United Sikkim game. 

Hmmm, USFC do need a coach?

May be he is here to help Wim in scouting for NT job as we know both the teams got some really young talents may be for u23 teams

• Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
    edited November 2012

Hm, perhaps but why him. USFC have some good players but none will contribute for a few years and Sporting Goa dont look any good with players (Dawson is a player who needs more game time in his position).

Perhaps he was looking at a few USFC guys because we may send a U19 team to the 2013 South Asian Games.