I-league 2012-13 General Discussion thread

Comments

• shankarshankar 2600 Points

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > usaindia said:
    > > maybe nxt year we will have a  indian scorers in top 10 
    >
    >

Perhaps. The top Indian scorers are aged very young. Each one is around 18-24 years old. And who knows if someone will come out of the shadows for next season. Very unlikely but I can dream.

jayesh!!
    remember this name
    though i might sound ambitious today he looked somewhat getting used to i-league...
    so if he gets starting along with a foreign forward... u can get a surprise O:-)
  • Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
    edited January 2013

> shankar said:
    > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > > usaindia said:
    > > > maybe nxt year we will have a  indian scorers in top 10 
    > >
    > >

Perhaps. The top Indian scorers are aged very young. Each one is around 18-24 years old. And who knows if someone will come out of the shadows for next season. Very unlikely but I can dream.

>
    >

jayesh!!
    remember this name
    though i might sound ambitious today he looked somewhat getting used to i-league...
    so if he gets starting along with a foreign forward... u can get a surprise O:-)

Look at the Round 16 thread. I praised Jayesh's performance. He was my favorite player throughout the time he came on. My only disappointment was that he was in midfield but whenever he got the ball he would face off with the East Bengal defender, dribble around them and do it again.

At one point Jayesh went around 3 defenders in a row before being forced to pass it. Then there was a moment when he was at the right side of the box. Little skillful moves, moves towards his right and tries to get the cross off. Absolutely beautiful to watch.

Now he is starting to show why he was the top goalscorer in last years I-League U20. Good job by Jamil to play him sparsly. Get 5-15 minutes here and there and build up experience playing alongside arguably one of the best forwards in Indian football history, Yusif Yakubu.

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    >

Look at the Round 16 thread. I praised Jayesh's performance. He was my favorite player throughout the time he came on. My only disappointment was that he was in midfield but whenever he got the ball he would face off with the East Bengal defender, dribble around them and do it again.

At one point Jayesh went around 3 defenders in a row before being forced to pass it. Then there was a moment when he was at the right side of the box. Little skillful moves, moves towards his right and tries to get the cross off. Absolutely beautiful to watch.

Now he is starting to show why he was the top goalscorer in last years I-League U20. Good job by Jamil to play him sparsly. Get 5-15 minutes here and there and build up experience playing alongside arguably one of the best forwards in Indian football history, Yusif Yakubu.

yea i also saw his good substitution performance....
    seems like he is getting used to the game... i guess jamil might have asked him to play deep to have single target man 
    and also he had really nice runs past defenders few times... hopefully he grow into a player and probably become mumbai fc main target man in 3-4 seasons
  • Perhaps. He definitely has the potential to do so and he has a record of succeeding at every level he has ever played for. My only worry is that once his potential is seen by not only him, but also the league will he stay at Mumbai or will he move on. East Bengal is out of the question. They already have young guys like Robin, Manandeep, and soon to be Seminlen. Dempo may want to take a look if Armando or whoever is at the helm wants some youth at that club for once. You also got Pune, Prayag United, and Churchill to deal with. However I discount Pune as they are already set for the future but Prayag is already ruining young careers (Does anyone here remember Zakeer Mundampara... ya I never heard of him as well).

If Mumbai can keep him at the club and take their time to let him adjust then I can see him leading the Mumbai line for a few years and then who knows? Perhaps some international offers will come in.

the biggest worry with mumbai fc is that they dont give long term contracts to their players...

i hope they tie up the young core of the team which is looking good for the future with likes of jayesh, gabriel, ashutosh and darren
    or else the thing which said could happen sooner than we realizing it

anyway i dont see international offers for him by now as he is raw talent .. lot to improve 
  • > shankar said:
    > the biggest worry with mumbai fc is that they dont give long term contracts to their players...

i hope they tie up the young core of the team which is looking good for the future with likes of jayesh, gabriel, ashutosh and darren
    or else the thing which said could happen sooner than we realizing it

anyway i dont see international offers for him by now as he is raw talent .. lot to improve 

Definitely but you can tell that if he gets trained right, and is not to overconfident, then he can really do it. Mumbai FC need to start the long-term deals and the best way to start is with the young core. Very cheap players that wont ask for much. I wish for the day that we see 5-year deals like the EPL or MLS.

5 years may be too much tough for them... may be 3 year deals could be good to start with

and if all players are given this deals and they perform in 1st season fabulously...

then we can see the transfer fees too.... this thing is one of the most interesting thing of football other than the matches(i hope we soon start experiencing the bid war for players in i-league soon)
  • > shankar said:
    > 5 years may be too much tough for them... may be 3 year deals could be good to start with

and if all players are given this deals and they perform in 1st season fabulously...

then we can see the transfer fees too.... this thing is one of the most interesting thing of football other than the matches(i hope we soon start experiencing the bid war for players in i-league soon)

Thats a few years from now as well. I mean last summer their was only 1 transfer between two Indian clubs and that was Lester Fernandes to Prayag. A proud 20 lakhs!!!

I agree that 5-years is to much for a club like Mumbai. In fact 3-years maybe tough for them as well but who knows, again its the youth they should be tying down.
  • munna21977munna21977 2 Points
    edited January 2013

Can any one start predictions for Round 17????
    I feel that if they decide to remove Air India and ONGC in coming AIFF meeting, we will see a fall in their performance. Players will not be motivated and it will help Salgaocar, Sporting etc.

• > munna21977 said:
    > Can any one start predictions for Round 17????
    I feel that if they decide to remove Air India and ONGC in coming AIFF meeting, we will see a fall in their performance. Players will not be motivated and it will help Salgaocar, Sporting etc.

Why not be motivated. The club may be going down but you still have a chance to prove you are good enough. And dont give me this bullcrap about how players dont get scouted from the lower teams because last summers transfer window showed that they do get scouted and signed.