United SC News

Comments

• > somesh said:
    > That is a great effort from Prayag. I think if they use all their might, they can easily build a strong fan base irrespective of their name

Agree. They, along with Pailan (for obvious reasons), are the only club with a full-company name I can respect. Its just the way they have been running there club.

Leaving Chirag Computers was the best thing in there life.
  • Prayag coach Sanjoy Sen abused by Prayag Group officials post match

• > debarghya89 said:
    > Prayag coach Sanjoy Sen abused by Prayag Group officials post match

The circus has just begun. This was very expected, though, at least to those who kept themselves updated with the rumblings within the team administration.  The bone of contention was Gourango Biswas being started on the left flank and not Lester Fernandes.

Chirag boss Kaustubh Roy is a much better human being than the Prayag boss Basudev Bagchi. I can't show tangible proofs but that's the sense I get from the squawk on the street.

Big budgets and the pressure of expectations have similar ways everywhere. In India they abuse you, harass you  and create such an unpleasant situation that you are forced to leave. In the west, they call you one fine day and fire you.
  • few months ago there was talk of prayag moving to siliguri, but the club officials were hesitant....now seeing the crowd response there in the ongoing FED cup,they should start packing their bags...... not only there is a decent stadium with a good pitch,it also has floodlights....and the crowd there is amazing...... besides being located on foothills of himalayas, siliguri provides the perfect cool climate for good and pacy football

• Decent Stadium? DECENT! WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT! That stadium is amazing. The only problem is the pitch but that is workable. Despite not having seats that stadium is amazing, can easily kill any stadium in I-League already.

• Those are all East Bengal fans, it's a EB stronghold, much more than Calcutta, maybe EB should make Siliguri it's base. The grass needs to be grafted, which will be done. It's a particular species of thick bladed grass, where the ball doesn't roll well at all under wet conditions.  Given the kind of pitches elsewhere, one would be too picky pointing out such minor issues.

• > projenator said:
    > Those are all East Bengal fans, it's a EB stronghold, much more than Calcutta, maybe EB should make Siliguri it's base. The grass needs to be grafted, which will be done. It's a particular species of thick bladed grass, where the ball doesn't roll well at all under wet conditions.  Given the kind of pitches elsewhere, one would be too picky pointing out such minor issues.

even if they are EB fans, i know that they love their football....so the watching live the country's highest level football competition will be enticing enough for them..... i dont think EB will ever move out of kolkata

• Agree. Prayag can still move there and really make North Bengal there stronghold. Those EB fans will always remain but they should also want to support a 2nd club perhaps and who knows about the next generation.

• considering all the issues cropping with with MB.. will this be the year Prayag come up big?..

• > silicon3 said:
    > considering all the issues cropping with with MB.. will this be the year Prayag come up big?..

Nothing new that to MB! However, wudnt think Prayag can take over - they also boast of having players with individual brilliance and the side is completely lopsided - much like MB. Barring the 3 clubs - Dempo, EB and Salgaocar , none of the other teams have invested judiciously in signing players and have instead gone for big names with lot of imbalances - and the result is for us to see... the quality of football in India is gradually improving, where there is hardly any diffference btwn the top 4/5 teams and to sustain in a marathon I -League/come out a winner in big tournaments, u have to invest smartly on players; b'coz gone are the days, when a player can win u matches single handedly.