United SC News

Comments

• MB have FILA sports, and comparatively smaller clubs like PFC, SLFC, MFC,...have ADIDAS...why are these heavy spenters failing to get a decent sports brand to sponsor team jersey? Its the same case for Dempo, Prayag, Churchill, Salgaocar and even Dodsal...and, other interesting thing to note is that none have city based name, all are either company or family based... I don't see much progress happening if such company based clubs are going to don I-League in future, with TATA the latest to add a senior side aiming for I-League!!

• > Varun Kochi said:
    > MB have FILA sports, and comparatively smaller clubs like PFC, SLFC, MFC,...have ADIDAS...why are these heavy spenters failing to get a decent sports brand to sponsor team jersey? Its the same case for Dempo, Prayag, Churchill, Salgaocar and even Dodsal...and, other interesting thing to note is that none have city based name, all are either company or family based... I don't see much progress happening if such company based clubs are going to don I-League in future, with TATA the latest to add a senior side aiming for I-League!!

Dempo have Nike.
  • shakkeerKMshakkeerKM 1324 Points

Mfc now has 'seventy' as kit sponsors

• Prayag United is flooded with fan mails from Australia and Costa Rica to know about Carlos and to have his no.16 jersey.They are also willing to pay for jerseys!! Prayag are sending Carlos's jerseys to these fans free of cost with only the courier costs charged..

• > debarghya89 said:
    >

Carlos is very impressed with Prayag United and the Calcutta football audience's appreciation of his beauty of a through to Vincent, no wonder the request to extend his contract. 

He is a foodie and his fitness requires close monitoring.  Arthur Papas also said that he is good friends with Carlos and Carlos did not come to Calcutta just for money. Prayag must have shown him a worthwhile project which got him really interested. 

Already everyone is comparing Carlos to Majid Baskar, the best foreigner to have played in Calcutta till date.
  • > projenator said:
    > > debarghya89 said:
    > >

Carlos is very impressed with Prayag United and the Calcutta football audience's appreciation of his beauty of a through to Vincent, no wonder the request to extend his contract. 

He is a foodie and his fitness requires close monitoring.  Arthur Papas also said that he is good friends with Carlos and Carlos did not come to Calcutta just for money. Prayag must have shown him a worthwhile project which got him really interested. 

Already everyone is comparing Carlos to Majid Baskar, the best foreigner to have played in Calcutta till date.

I was never around for that (I was more than 10 years from being born) but those days were good... we were actually able to have an Iranian international in Indian football. Notice how as soon as Carlos plays for Prayag he is dropped from Costa Rica (0 caps in 2012).