United SC News

Comments

• Sanjay Sen is being a real pain in the arse, every CFL game, he fields a new combination in the name of giving everyone a chance. You don't give everyone a chance this way at the expense of building up a set combination.  Next I league game, he will be playing a completely new set of players and if they cut a cropper or make one fatal mistake, can't blame'em.

Sanjay Sen and Santosh Kashyap are not big budget team material.

• > projenator said:
    > Sanjay Sen is being a real pain in the arse, every CFL game, he fields a new combination in the name of giving everyone a chance. You don't give everyone a chance this way at the expense of building up a set combination.  Next I league game, he will be playing a completely new set of players and if they cut a cropper or make one fatal mistake, can't blame'em.

Sanjay Sen and Santosh Kashyap are not big budget team material.

Oh....finally u accepted that they aren't! good!

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

Could it b that he is tryin all possible combos to seek d best one to field in I-league? If yes, then i wud say at least some one got their priorities sorted

• > somesh said:
    > Could it b that he is tryin all possible combos to seek d best one to field in I-league? If yes, then i wud say at least some one got their priorities sorted

Wudnt think so. He is under tremendous pressure frm the big spending Prayag ( its sort of a gamble - if they come up a cropper in the I - League this year, am not sure who wud come and pump in money next year - as it doesn't have any fan base); hence its important that they serve as a reminder to the football audience abt their emergence - and that can only happen if they win something major..! Unfortunately in football, u cannot have horses for courses policy, and by the look of the team , it doesnt appear, the team is settled. I doubt whether Ranty can be as effective as in the previous years' - as Prayag midfield is obviosuly not like Dempo - hence he would face much like the same issue as Odafa - of having to do everything on his own to score....
  • > somesh said:
    > Could it b that he is tryin all possible combos to seek d best one to field in I-league? If yes, then i wud say at least some one got their priorities sorted

Well it's been more than a couple months already and a below par performance in a major tournament, if he's still TRYING to figure out the best combo, it reflects his inexperience, same with Kashyap.  None of us still have no clue about the starting eleven of Prayag and MB. I saw Prayag's game today and they just managed to scrape through. Against Aryan or Kalighat MS, you don't field a side like he did today, TJM never does it, if the team's winning by a comfortable margin, he might ring in a few changes. If the team is not winning, he will resort to full first eleven in the second half to be able to win the game.  You just can't focus solely on experimentation when there are expectations to fulfill and/or big money is at stake, even if you do, you should be able to have built a solid combination of first eleven players ready and raring to go for the big tournaments. Prayag's defence is floundering every game, Dhanchandra Singh is crap, Gourmangi has played a few games with Bello Rasaq (one in CFL, three in Fed cup in pathetic ground conditions).  This is way too much chopping and changing for a big budget team three months into the season.

Yesterday Kashyap in casual conversation with one of the fans said if the entire team is fit, the results will be good. Everyone knows that, then what value addition does he bring to the table ?  Let a fully fit Oda and Tolgay loose on your opponents and win games, you don't need to be a licensed football coach to be able to do that.

• I have not seen the line-ups but if this is a completely different line-up (I am taking that as "B" team) then is that good? 

The Calcutta Football League is the Capital One Cup for Kolkata clubs (or should be). No value at all.
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

Vincent with Press

www.youtube.com/watch?gl=IN&hl=en&client=mv-google&v=ELg0wp5J2js

• Not news but does anyone know what company makes the Prayag United jerseys???

• > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > Not news but does anyone know what company makes the Prayag United jerseys???

Could be Balaram hosiery!!!!!  
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

SPONSORS AWARD 2 LAKH RUPEES TO THE PLAYERS FOR BEATING MOHUN BAGAN 2-1