India in LONDON OLYMPICS 2012

Comments

• ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Indian Hockey team when playing outside India are very poor.As Shankar said there are lot of teams which have improved in recent years.It would be great if are in Quarter-Finals.</font>
  • sabirsabir 46 Points
    Except Australia, no other team is beyond reach. Though India lost to Britain, Germanyin London but these matches were close. It was first experience on Blue turf which is said to be slower than the traditional astro turf. There are still few months in hand. I am sure Mr Nobbs will tighten the screws. Just they need to arrange more matches with the stronger teams like Australia, Germany, Britain, Netherland and Spain.
  • sabirsabir 46 Points
    <P>Dola Banerjee is out of Indian woman team. Rahul has not qualified yet for individual event. Only Jayanta Talukdar among men has qualified. However more expectation is more from Deepika individually and Women Recurve team.</P>
    <P>I wonder why people forget M C MaryKom. In my opinion she is the most assured medal prospect we have.</P>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    ashindia wrote:
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Indian Hockey team when playing outside India are very poor.As Shankar said there are lot of teams which have improved in recent years.It would be great if are in Quarter-Finals.</font>

<br><div><br></div><div>I knew that this tournament is gonna give a reality check to all those new followers of the game...</div><div>and to our problems add the injury worries of gurwinder singh chandi and yuvraj walmiki as well with the second in serious injury could miss the olympics as well</div><div><br></div><div>Still keep a hope we could finish top 6 if played to our best....</div><div>Hi PODIUM, we will see you in 2016 for sure</div>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    sabir wrote:
    <p>Dola Banerjee is out of Indian woman team. Rahul has not qualified yet for individual event. Only Jayanta Talukdar among men has qualified. However more expectation is more from Deepika individually and Women Recurve team.</p>
    <p>I wonder why people forget M C MaryKom. In my opinion she is the most assured medal prospect we have.</p>

<br><div><br></div><div>Even mens recurve are good team...rahul, jayantha and tarundeep if play to their level could repeat the performance they showed in last weeks silver winning performance in WC</div>
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Look at the results<div>India 0-3 Australia</div><div>India 1-2 Germany</div><div>India 1-2 Britain</div><div><br></div><div>I am more confident now about our medal in hockey! These are some ass-kicking results when playing on blue turf for the first time</div>
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    Maybe noobs is trying out something
  • trojantrojan 371 Points
    the temperatures were around 5-8 degree so the conditions were not very favorable for India. <div>our defence is not up to mark to hold top teams. we were 1 goal up against germany and GB but could not hold on to our lead. sandeep and ragunath may be good in PCs but are pathetic in defence.</div><div><br></div><div><br></div>
    I had told you all our attack is comparable to the best in the world, defending, particularly on counters is very poor. We also are the victim of loosing sight of the poachers who are in the box for deflection. I guess we never accepted that off-side rule has been abolished long time from hockey
    In June, the temperature in London will be much more favourable. We have a test series and Sultan Azlan Shah coming up. Plenty of match practice will be there on blue turf before London.<div>31st Sultan Azlan Shah Cup in Malaysia will kick-off on 24th May with 7 teams including India, Pakistan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Argentina, Great Britain and South Korea</div>