2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier: Guam vs. India | 16 June 2015

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    The Indian based players in the US/Canada don't have work permit issues to deal with if they choose to give up their American/Canadian citizenship for Indian. Only the English ones do.
  • NaujawanNaujawan 1609 Points
    As far as I know, if you play for a decent European club for three years you automatically become eligibe for a work permit, also wont they be considered homegrown?
  • indian_goonerindian_gooner 3415 Points
    i support inclusion of pio's in national team.
    mohammed_87hassan
    Give up passport and earn shit loads in ISL-- India's offer to mid range PIO's. Obviously Narsingh and harmeet singh wont come.
  • CybertronCybertron 402 Points
    @indian_gooner India's sports ministry won't allow PIOs to play in Indian National Team. They will say that India has got a lot of talent but at what cost? We have just started taking grassroots program seriously which will take a lot of time. But what about upcoming matches in the next 2 or 3 years?

Only a national debate on this issue can save the face of Indian football for the time being.
  • dhritiman7dhritiman7 4029 Points
    edited June 2015
    Guys don't be so optimistic about PIO's, everyone is not Dhorasu or Chopra. I have seen Nicolas Nath who came to play for Sporting Club from Inter Milan B team, just could not find his footing here and subsequently evaporated from football. There was another guy Ranbir or Randhir Sing looked like Hernan Crespo directly came from US to Indian camp and was ready to give up US citizenship. That was just after defeating Singapore in WCQ under SC. But SC advised him to find an Indian club first and went ahead with Bijen Sing. So no use of inviting another trouble by mitigating the rule, we already have sufficient people here. 

If you ask me we need Arrows concept back. Hats off to Bob once again. Form an U-15 team allow them to play in ISL / I League and see the result in 2016 Asia Cup & 2017 World Cup (Age based), subsequently allow them to play for NT. 
    NaujawanfootydipnamewtheldMithil Galiarchak
    Make John Johnson, Osano, katsumi, give up passports.
  • ManjuManju Mysore34 Points
    Duel citizenship approval will not be done for Political reasons, atleast by this govt., so Quality PIO will not be playing for NT anyway sooner. Michael Chopra is not a bad choice if he proves his fitness.    But looks like he is using iffy Rules word carefully... 
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    Ind-iran match sold out, on that happy note lets start a new topic
    deepuManju
  • CybertronCybertron 402 Points
    Since the beginning of National Football League in 1996 AIFF have not learned a single thing on the development of football.

I doubt this India vs Guam thread will end in the foreseeable future because of this humiliating scar which was handed to us by a tiny Pacific nation.

mohammed_87hassanAKBnamewtheldsamiamdhritiman7munna219777