2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier: Guam vs. India | 16 June 2015

Comments

• dhritiman7dhritiman7 4029 Points
    Sorry to continue PIO things in this thread but can't resist to share one more experience. Back in 2000 / 01 Amal Dutta came to distribute prize in a football tournament as chief guest in our locality. That time India was being managed by Sukhwinder Sing and PK Banerjee and we beat UAE in WCQ but could not make it to next round. At the same time Jose Barreto was at his best and Chopra was at Newcaltle. Arunava Choudhury was regularly posting in his website about PIOs. In that occasion I had an opportunity to interact with Amal Dutta, I was in 10th Standard then. Just learned what a website is and discovered Arunava's site. So I asked him Sir why don't we give Barreto and Chopra Indian citizenship that we can qualify for WC? Initially he gave me a typical Amal Dutta answer "Ask Bente Munshi"

but may be seeing disappoint face of a teen age soccer fan he explained "Do you think that will be the solution? May be Bhaichung and Bareto will be able to score against stronger opponent like Japan or Korea but will our defence with Gawli and Deepak able to hold their attack? No, even if I consider that happen and we qualify for WC once, we will be thrashed in group stage and entire nation will start criticizing, no body will say atleast we qualified (The same thing happened in AFC 2011 !), Indian people only will be happy if we beat Argentina in semifinal of WC and Brasil in WC final, that sort of hero warship we do here my boy, now you go and seat"

Maddienamewtheldmohammed_87hassanmunna219777
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    If India qualifies for the FIFA World Cup then we would qualify as one of the best 4-5 Asian nations... the same category as Australia, Japan, South Korea, and Iran. We would not be thrashed in the group stages at all and might actually come out of the group... as all 4 of these Asian teams are capable of doing.

It is the AFC Asian Cup that is another matter. We got thrashed last time and even now, if we make it, we would probably still get thrashed as we would be in the last pot but be a little more competitive.
  • MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2975 Points
    1. If they want to play for India get India Citizenship. We don't have shortage of people. few months back I moved out. We should protect our stand why because only 16 country allow dual citizenship. We need to look at our actual problem than asking for rule change. Look at long term , use PIO you will get short term success. if there was no ISL. would you think MC would have thinking about it. The same guy didn't want to come India when he was offered to play India, now he is running out options hence he want to make some more money so looking to cash on India's failure. 
    If you want to play for India, Be Indian ... if you can allow everyone to play for their country then what is the difference between club football and national team. so peace .. 
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    Michael chopra if get his 50% form back when he plied his trade in Cardiff city he can be better than Robin jeje ....aiff is trying to convince govt about pio card ...sunil Michael partenship will be deadly
  • LeedsonperezLeedsonperez 109 Points
    Yes michel chopra is better than robin....
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    Guys, Modi has converted all PIOs to OCI. PIO card no longer exists.
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    I dont want any outsiders in the NT, wanna play for india get a bloody citizenship.
    Chopra is just a glory hunter,did he bother to take interest in india before ISL.

Stop getting desperate all of you romeo,brandon, gurpreet,jhingan will come eventually to the team
    munna219777
    don't know what exactly Indian fans wanted.... the foreigners who play in India they don't want them to represent India as they don't have Indian blood and now they don't want PIO to represent India ...that's ridiculous.... zinedine zidan was Algerian but represented France bcoz in France opportunities are there + money + fame ...so PIO can't be blamed for not leaving foreign nation ...as for Indian stuff is concerned we have to see if we can gain or not ....and how come its short term success by including PIO ..when those players will retire there will be replacement... and by including Pio if we get decent results more kids will be attracted to football and will be willing to make career in Indian football ....by excluding PIO ...India will never improve and will be languishing in 130-140 ....at best they can think of 120 rank .....to attract attention of people first they need result and good PIO will do it..... and who is asking them to include blindly? if they are performing then call them for NT
    fox
    and if people are not satisfied with PIO then let so called random Nigerian represent India or do what Spain did to costa. .pay good money to Sony norde and make him Indian and make him play for India. ..end of topic
    and common if India qualifying for WC that means India are top 4 nation of Asia ...they will not get thrashed ..I remembered Korea gave Brazil a run for money ....Japan drew Brazil 2-2 ...s.Korea drew 1-1 France.... I agreed what @arsenalfan700 said earlier
    gaffertape