2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier: Guam vs. India | 16 June 2015

Comments

• samsam 16428 Points
    Then India may exclude those countries from the list.
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    Dual citizenship requires a constitutional amendment which will not be easy as you know.
    munna219777
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    edited June 2015
    Dual citizenship is not seen in a positive light in the countries where nationalistic hyperbole runs high. It is seen as akin to diluting the national identity so is a very difficult proposition in a country like India. Citizenship is seen as a promise of loyalty to the nation by the citizen and not merely as a contract between the state and the individual. So how can an individual be equally loyal to two nations? It also creates a problem of immigration and particularly when the individual concerned is citizen of two countries at war, he becomes the usual suspect in both the countries which may lead to civil unrest. It is not 'halwa' as we say it in Hindi. Dual citizenship is beneficial but also poses grave challenges and one cannot implement it merely to win a football match against Guam
    Naujawandhritiman7footydiparchakmunna219777spartaashindia
  • NaujawanNaujawan 1609 Points
    Exactly! We Indians drown in nationalism only because with this it would have been incredibly difficult for the authorities to control civilians in a newly formed country. There was no cohesive structure that bound us together, prior the British. That's why History books in schools go straight from Early man to Freedom Struggle.
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    will a team having PIO's will have any connect to a true indian football follower? They dont represent india nor played a part in any stage in their growth in india.

Again I assure you that future looks bright when you had raw talents such as Bhaichung, Climax, Gawli & Vijayan, Now we have our next generation of stars sure to follow. Despite the fact we lost

Lets face the fact that till 2018-2019 is fucked!! Saddened that you will lose out on chettri playing days, But am positive that the next Gen especially the ones who are going to play for the U-17, U-19 and possibly if they develop faster the U-23 levels where am gonna place my faith.

Lets bring on the U-17 world cup!!!!

Manjugoalkeepardhritiman7ArsenalFan700mohammed_87hassanashindia
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    @ DX 

thats the funniest closing statement I have read...

i am watching the U-20 World Cup right now....

And I have seen our U-23 India team..... 

the only hope is if we start something meaningful at the youngest levels...
    dhritiman7ArsenalFan700ashindia
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    edited June 2015
    You have answered what i was looking for, We havent seen the U-17 yet, Lets face it, with the world cup at home and IF we arent even competitive in that tournament (Not even expecting a semi let alone a final position just plain solid performance and giving the top teams a run for money) here despite still having 2 solid years to work on, Then lets quit having any hope or discussion on Indian football.

That would be the mother of all screwups!!

• ManjuManju Mysore34 Points
    Simple as China has taken over economically 20 years ahead from India, we have to catch up to it by doing reform for next 10 years with a hope that they will lag in some way....still there is no guarantee we will go ahead of them...as like that in FOOTBALL all will move ahead who have done REFORMs in Infrastructure to Coaching...so we have to catch up very fast....

With political AIFF in charge we the FANS have to be hoping for next 10 years. some good crop players will come naturally.....

LET's wait then LET's Football.
  • PondicherryPondicherry 341 Points
    More than 50 new posts, sharing about PIOs and India citizenship, in an India vs Guam tread.

Unnecessary discussion when the Sports ministry officials said it is unlikely even now that they will reconsider their stand on the issue. “It has been an ongoing debate but our view on the issue is clear. You have to be an Indian citizen to represent the country. It is unlikely our stand will change,” a ministry official said. - See more at: http://indianexpress.com/article/sports/football/after-loss-to-guam-aiff-to-push-for-inclusion-of-indian-origin-players/2/#sthash.Yv4gsp8B.dpuf  

Another point is there is no more PIOs, they are all in the process of getting OCIs, where I guess they can get Indian Nationality after staying in India for atleast five years.

munna219777
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Youngsters are our hope ?? We have been saying this since 2007. :P what happenend 
    teji