Commonwealth Games 2018 : Mission Gold at Gold Coast

Comments

• deepudeepu Somaliya1621 Points
    the one who finished sixth deepak kumar had set up games record in qualifying round , both indians couldn't score a single 10 pointer in first 5 shots and they were in last 3 , really was disappointing performance from deepak kumar
    Bad
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    And 10 is a par score in 10m Air Rifle Events at this level because for obvious reasons,as it is easy to Shoot with a Rifle as compare to a pistol.

They have won Medals at World Events as Well and India has produced Olympic Medal Winning Shooters in this event(Abhinav and Gagan) so not winning this event at Commonwealth games is sad.

We certainly have lost a Gold Medal.We"ll need to compensate it in a less fancied Sport, through the course of the Games.
    deepu
  • deepudeepu Somaliya1621 Points
    what an upset  set up by manila Batra  , she has beaten world no 4 in women team game giving India 1-0 lead , and she herself is 58th ranked  , still a big ask to win gold as difference between whole teams as massive but she herself has really pulled out a big upset
    Carbon_14
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    India won the Gold in Table tennis upsetting the singapore team
    Carbon_14BrainFallINDIAharry55shibierkartik91spartamunna219777deepuashindia
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    This Win in Women"s Table Tennis is mother of all upsets.For me,it is one of the Biggest Upsets i have seen in my life.I am really happy to be proved wrong.

All the Ladies/Girls played their hearts out.No one,absolutely no one(including me) gave them a chance but truly they had a quite Marvelous day.

I was very disappointed today after we weren"t able to Win a Gold in Shooting(10 m Men"s Rifle) but these Girls Really took away all that disappointed and  more than compensated that Gold Medal.

Note:-This is just the second time that Singapore has not won Gold In a Women"s Event which includes(Women"s Singles,Women"s Doubles,Women"s Team) since the inception of Table Tennis at Commonwealth Games which was from 2002 Games.

So this means,that from 2002-2014,In Women"s Section ,only once have they not Won a Gold Medal.Such is their Dominance.

What it Does-It Means that we are improving in almost every Sport and our Sphere of Winning Medals at Global Events is consistently improving which is a fantastic Sign.

Manika Batra played Two Outstanding matches Today(no Doubt About it(beat World No.4 and second opponent was also a higher ranked opponent than her),but i would like to wait for the Asian Games to comment on her Potential.Currently it seems very high,but i am hoping its not one of those lucky days.

We need an Asian Level(Which is actually World Level) star at Asian level for this Sport to Grow.So,i am hoping that we might have unearthed one here.Asian Games will a True test and act as a good benchmark.
    shibierspartaCarbon_14munna219777deepuSOCCER4klkartik91
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Hockey team Men managed to Beat Wales 4-3.

Again,a pathetic performance.Ghatiya Players liye hue hain aur woh pura match khel rahein hain.

No attack from the left hand side at all.Wales was actually Controlling the Match.

Vivek,Sumit and Gurinder(Maha C hain-samjah lena)

Only one player is playing and that is Sunil.Sunil was the one man army and it is because of him and only him that we managed to avoid an embarrassment today against Wales.

We were hammering the likes of Pakistan,Malaysia(5-1,6-1 even 7-1 last year)  but all because of these School level players we are looking very ordinary team which we aren"t.

I seriously hope,that in the next Tournament We"ll play our Best Team.

Unfortunately for this Tournament, after seeing our Team in the opening Matches,Qualifying from our  Group will be very Difficult.They"ll have to play at perhaps 10 levels higher than what they are playing currently.

Carbon_14munna219777
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    For Tomorrow(Gold Medal and Medal Prospects)

Mixed Team Badminton Event(India vs Malaysia)-I feel Men's Singles can decide this tie.

Also,Decent Medal Chances in Men's 105kg and 105+kg(We can win a medal,possibly Gold but will be tough)

Table Tennis Men(Semi Final and Possibly Final both tomorrow)-Geeat chance of winning the Gold.We should be winning the Gold in my opinion.

Boxing-I am expecting Both of our remaining Boxers to progress to Quarter Finals.

Shooting Gold's also expected-Minimum 2, could be 3 as well.

Let's see what happens.

Carbon_14munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited April 2018
    Indian Boxer Lovelina from Assam really impressed me. Even though she lost, she has a great future.

Manika Batra is a super star. Really a role model for next gen TT players.

Pathetic display by Men's Hockey Team. I will repeat myself again. Sreejesh panicks in last 5 minutes. Today a lollypop shot went thru his legs while defending Penaly Corner - third goal by Wales. Can anyone remember any match where Sreejesh has not conceded any goal in last 5 minutes ?? He may be excellent GK but they should replace him in last 5 minutes. Those sitting on bench are equally capable. A match winner goalkeeper will raise their level in last few minutes, not the other way around.
    spartadeepuCarbon_14
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Why are they not taking straight forward Penalty Corner with Rupinder Pal singh who has the capability of unleashing a sizzling strike !!! Instead some wasteful chances are being given to other players who are not that capable.
    Young Dilpreet Singh has shown good promise with 2 goals so far,

deepu