The Great Indian Football Debates

Comments

• shankarshankar 2600 Points
    rudra wrote:
    shankar wrote:
    reddevil87 wrote:
    @shankar what about the second breed of players?? Where will they play??

<br><div><br></div><div>If you cant establish yourself till 23 in football, then what is the use of staying in the sport???</div><div>you are not gonna earn crores in those 6-8 years left ...</div><div>it is always better to look for better career option then</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>are u saying a footballer who gave up most career option by 23 will then look for something else!!!! OMG!!! maybe he can be a labourer or something like that...so that when later someone covers a story - "Rajasthan's ex u19 captain seen carrying bricks" we can all curse the authorities!</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>if he was a ex-captain then he should have got a football career with job may be in lower division...</div><div>and i dont think he will be such a fool not to have a graduation with him...and a graduation with 2-3 appearences in u-23 tournament should be good for him to get a job in PSU...</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    If we kep on examples of players who left football to pull ricksaw after 19 or 23 then how many parents will encourage there kids to play? Families need a see football as a viable option like cricket...players can still play Ranji, if not in IPL or NT
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    shankar wrote:
    rudra wrote:
    shankar wrote:
    reddevil87 wrote:
    @shankar what about the second breed of players?? Where will they play??

<br><div><br></div><div>If you cant establish yourself till 23 in football, then what is the use of staying in the sport???</div><div>you are not gonna earn crores in those 6-8 years left ...</div><div>it is always better to look for better career option then</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>are u saying a footballer who gave up most career option by 23 will then look for something else!!!! OMG!!! maybe he can be a labourer or something like that...so that when later someone covers a story - "Rajasthan's ex u19 captain seen carrying bricks" we can all curse the authorities!</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>if he was a ex-captain then he should have got a football career with job may be in lower division...</div><div>and i dont think he will be such a fool not to have a graduation with him...and a graduation with 2-3 appearences in u-23 tournament should be good for him to get a job in PSU...</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>How many footballers have graduation!!!!</div>
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    How can he get a job with PSU's and lower clubs (most of them dont conduct trials at all)?? If he does not plays in these tournaments??
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    rudra wrote:
    rudra wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">And again, BOO HOO! That is the state federations responsibility. Does the national federation need to cater to everyone! </font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Does the English FA cater to all the county tournaments.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Does the US Soccer Federation cater to all the states.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Again this is just people calling for AIFF to do everything. The Goa Football Federation have taken action and have given there players a chance in the GPL. Nagaland is doing the same thing. Same for Sikkim and the state Shillong is in (I know what it is, to lazy to find spelling).</font></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Instead, why dont u put ur points how santosh trophy is putting Indian football backwards...</div><div>Sarcasm is fine, but that doesnt always puts the perspective in right place..why dont u lead and say here are the 5 points why santosh is killing indian football, that will be a big step for humanity</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Well, I will be back when the above post is addressed...other wise its the same again and again</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>sAME REQUEST AGAIN</div>
    reddevil87 wrote:
    How can he get a job with PSU's and lower clubs (most of them dont conduct trials at all)?? If he does not plays in these tournaments??

<br><div><br></div><div>You think a guy without graduation and having football talents will be making a debut after 23+ age???</div><div>then all i can say is he is sick with his logic and attitude to not try till that age and trying now when it is almost over for him to prove his talent to bigger stage</div>
    rudra wrote:
    shankar wrote:

<br><div><br></div><div>How many footballers have graduation!!!!</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>I am not asking for a B.E or something....just a B.Sc or B.Com which wont be costing more than 2-3k per year and it is definitely affordable for any player i guess so</div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">1) 1 crore: Again does not look much to you but that 1 crore can be used for a much better tournament which is the U20 league which has already showed us players like Romeo Fernandes for example.</font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">2) We are looking into the future of Indian football. We have already started the u14 FIFA Academy and very soon those kids will need a better U20 I-League that is aligned with the I-League in order to progress once they leave the FIFA Academy. Other wise they wont improve.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">3) They are amateur. Like Shankar said, if you cant make football a living after age 23 then sorry. Look for a state league club or find a new job. Football is not for you. Have you ever heard of a footballer starting there career at the age of over 23. I have heard of players making it to the big time after a stint in the lower leagues but never nothing to something.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">4) We have the BC Roy Trophy and Mir Trophy which can be what shows how a state is progressing. If there youth can play then that shows that state has talent in it and more teams will go there and look for players. And you cant say that does not happen. Shillong Lajong went to Nagaland and is taking players from all over North-East India and Pune FC is holding trails in the North. United Sikkim is also holding trials in many places and giving opportunities. Also many club teams are being formed every day like that club from Punjab and Indore United FC. They will need players so they will trial. If you miss the trial then that is your own fault. </font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">It is like a child at school, if you dont do well and you miss your opportunities when they come than your life will be shit and you will have to work your ass off to get back on track.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">5) No money is being payed by the state federations. Why does the AIFF need to pay for everything. I hate it when people accuse AIFF for everything when not everything is in there control. Just because they run football in India does not mean everything is on the shoulders. The states should contribute to. If they dont than why should they be given a free tournament. Specially sense they dont do anything for there state in terms of domestic football.</font></div>
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    shankar wrote:
    reddevil87 wrote:

<br><div><br></div><div>You think a guy without graduation and having football talents will be making a debut after 23+ age???</div><div>then all i can say is he is sick with his logic and attitude to not try till that age and trying now when it is almost over for him to prove his talent to bigger stage</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>I am talking about average U-23 players who could not make a cut at the top. These tournaments help them for lower leagues and PSUs atleast. </div>
    reddevil87 wrote:
    shankar wrote:
    reddevil87 wrote:

<br><div><br></div><div>I am talking about average U-23 players who could not make a cut at the top. These tournaments help them for lower leagues and PSUs atleast. </div>

<br><div><br></div><div>i am also saying for them only....</div><div>a certificate stating that they played in national level u-23 tournament regularly also possessing a graduation should do fine for their hope to get a  job in states like tamil nadu which got many such  PSU to take them</div>