The Great Indian Football Debates

Comments

• rudrarudra 2958 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    arsenalfan wrote:
    </font><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2" style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; ">1) 1 crore: Again does not look much to you but that 1 crore can be used for a much better tournament which is the U20 league which has already showed us players like Romeo Fernandes for example.</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; "><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; "><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">2) We are looking into the future of Indian football. We have already started the u14 FIFA Academy and very soon those kids will need a better U20 I-League that is aligned with the I-League in order to progress once they leave the FIFA Academy. Other wise they wont improve.</font></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; "><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; "><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">3) They are amateur. Like Shankar said, if you cant make football a living after age 23 then sorry. Look for a state league club or find a new job. Football is not for you. Have you ever heard of a footballer starting there career at the age of over 23. I have heard of players making it to the big time after a stint in the lower leagues but never nothing to something.</font></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; "><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; "><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">4) We have the BC Roy Trophy and Mir Trophy which can be what shows how a state is progressing. If there youth can play then that shows that state has talent in it and more teams will go there and look for players. And you cant say that does not happen. Shillong Lajong went to Nagaland and is taking players from all over North-East India and Pune FC is holding trails in the North. United Sikkim is also holding trials in many places and giving opportunities. Also many club teams are being formed every day like that club from Punjab and Indore United FC. They will need players so they will trial. If you miss the trial then that is your own fault. </font></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; "><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; "><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">It is like a child at school, if you dont do well and you miss your opportunities when they come than your life will be shit and you will have to work your ass off to get back on track.</font></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; "><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; "><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">5) No money is being payed by the state federations. Why does the AIFF need to pay for everything. I hate it when people accuse AIFF for everything when not everything is in there control. Just because they run football in India does not mean everything is on the shoulders. The states should contribute to. If they dont than why should they be given a free tournament. Specially sense they dont do anything for there state in terms of domestic football.</font></div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; ">Points 3, 4, 5 are not putting Indian football backwards, all one can say is that they are not contributing much to Indian football...</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; ">Point 1 and 2 are related. coz of Point 1, 2 is hampered....</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div><b><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Is the assessment fair and valid?</font></b></div>
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    <div style="text-align: left; font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; "><font size="2"><span style="line-height: 18px;">If U-20 league is future of football and Santosh trophy is second graded league, then Why cant AIFF or for that mater state leagues organizes sponsors for youth leagues (as I assume from your point that Youth are better and it will be easy to get sponsors for them) and provide the money to Santosh trophy??</span></font></div>
  • reddevil87 wrote:
    <div style="text-align: left; font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; "><font size="2"><span style="line-height: 18px;">If U-20 league is future of football and Santosh trophy is second graded league, then Why cant AIFF or for that mater state leagues organizes sponsors for youth leagues (as I assume from your point that Youth are better and it will be easy to get sponsors for them) and provide the money to Santosh trophy??</span></font></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT GETTING SPONSORS IS THAT EASY!!!!</div>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    edited May 2012
    I here stating my final view that<div><br></div><div>Santosh trophy could not stay in its present state....</div><div>i would love to see a  tournament that could\shall be named santosh trophy but should be for age group u-23  with the player representing particular state should  also possess his graduation college proof stating his age and education qualification</div><div>and also should not have played in national league structure(i-league and 2nd div )</div><div><br></div><div>i included graduation as normal graduation is affordable and also being literate is very important for a person in todays world and also help us bit to get clear with age forgery as well</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    rudra wrote:
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    arsenalfan wrote:
    </font><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2" style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; ">1) 1 crore: Again does not look much to you but that 1 crore can be used for a much better tournament which is the U20 league which has already showed us players like Romeo Fernandes for example.</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; "><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; "><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">2) We are looking into the future of Indian football. We have already started the u14 FIFA Academy and very soon those kids will need a better U20 I-League that is aligned with the I-League in order to progress once they leave the FIFA Academy. Other wise they wont improve.</font></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; "><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; "><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">3) They are amateur. Like Shankar said, if you cant make football a living after age 23 then sorry. Look for a state league club or find a new job. Football is not for you. Have you ever heard of a footballer starting there career at the age of over 23. I have heard of players making it to the big time after a stint in the lower leagues but never nothing to something.</font></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; "><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; "><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">4) We have the BC Roy Trophy and Mir Trophy which can be what shows how a state is progressing. If there youth can play then that shows that state has talent in it and more teams will go there and look for players. And you cant say that does not happen. Shillong Lajong went to Nagaland and is taking players from all over North-East India and Pune FC is holding trails in the North. United Sikkim is also holding trials in many places and giving opportunities. Also many club teams are being formed every day like that club from Punjab and Indore United FC. They will need players so they will trial. If you miss the trial then that is your own fault. </font></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; "><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; "><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">It is like a child at school, if you dont do well and you miss your opportunities when they come than your life will be shit and you will have to work your ass off to get back on track.</font></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; "><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; "><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">5) No money is being payed by the state federations. Why does the AIFF need to pay for everything. I hate it when people accuse AIFF for everything when not everything is in there control. Just because they run football in India does not mean everything is on the shoulders. The states should contribute to. If they dont than why should they be given a free tournament. Specially sense they dont do anything for there state in terms of domestic football.</font></div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; ">Points 3, 4, 5 are not putting Indian football backwards, all one can say is that they are not contributing much to Indian football...</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; ">Point 1 and 2 are related. coz of Point 1, 2 is hampered....</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div><b><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Is the assessment fair and valid?</font></b></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>I have waited for a while now. I have not yet received a more than 1 point how Santosh trophy is putting Indian football backwards...</div><div><br></div><div>The points is it saved 1 crore that can go to u20 I League...all other points basically counters our arguments why it is good...well...the debate is basically about why its bad....So, I guess it doesn't make much content to counter on here..</div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    shankar wrote:
    I here stating my final view that</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Santosh trophy could not stay in its present state....</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">i would love to see a  tournament that could\shall be named santosh trophy but should be for age group u-23  with the player representing particular state should  also possess his graduation college proof stating his age and education qualification</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">and also should not have played in national league structure(i-league and 2nd div )</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">i included graduation as normal graduation is affordable and also being literate is very important for a person in todays world and also help us bit to get clear with age forgery as well</div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Or better. Instead of states we should have it be college teams. Like here in America where we have the NCAA. Player age is kept and all the players are within the age of 18-22 and at the end of the season have the best players drafted into I-League so that the clubs are forced to scout the players (or at least the smaller teams can).</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Although I also love the idea of a u23 Santosh Trophy. We had the Dutta Ray Trophy for that but that disappeared.</font></div>
  • @Rudra Well I am also thinking of cutting other random leagues as well. The AIFF also have a bunch of All India tournaments which we can get rid of. We also got the unprofessional I-League 2nd Division which I dont think we are ready for yet as well but that is a different matter.<div><br></div><div>Also all your arguments for why we should keep it are from before the AIFF forced I-League players out. And also we cant keep having this cup be hosted by just J&K, Kerala, and the NE. We have to have other places represented and not all of them will have a fan base. And yes I dont even know why admin said backwards as I always thought this argument would be over why this tournament should be scrapped either forever or temporarily.</div><div><br></div><div>Also did anyone else look into the financial implements of such a tournament. Nothing is simple, I mean look at the Premier League Soccer, so much promise and had sponsors but died. Right now the only investor in this tournament is... well... the AIFF. There should also be 29 states helping too.</div>
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">@rudra:- dont you think organising a senor tournament is pretty less influential now...</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">and it is not producing any young talents now....</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">just if it is replaced by any age group tourney we could get many young talents coming up in the ranks and that is what we all are wanting as well ....</div>
    okk guys i am off now....<div>have a great debate ahead if any point still left to be discussed....</div><div>i am sure we are getting better participation from next time after their visit later</div><div><br></div><div>and yea we forget about the second part of the topic which was durand cup :P</div><div>i guess no one would mind any outcome of that tournament</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">its my personal opinion, that every tournament should not be judged for its value on bring upcoming talent or helping Indian football directly. There are many other aspects that football teams are all about. An association, be it state or national has one huge responsibility apart from making improvements in football, and that is to care about its players. The players, be it 16 yrs old or 36 yr old is the responsibility of the association (of course, they need to prioritize the youth).</font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">When a tournament like Santosh Trophy starts it encompasses a pan -Indian feeling. It also keeps the state rivarly, which is not a bad thing. In the current set up, the state associations can get all there non i league players and make a team and ask how well they have been in building players from the state. Many states like Mizoram, who are great in Santosh, dont have a proper club. Its time for them to cheer. Well, lets be honest, everyone cheers most when senior teams do well than u16,19. This is the case in Cricket also when there was very less hype when India won youth WC. For states like Rajasthan, himachal etc its time to show that they have worth too. No I league club will go to Rajasthan for a trail.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">It is also not that Santosh cant attract sponsors, Locally hosted tournaments have actually better chance of getting local sponsors if they know that ppl are interested, and yes ppl of some regions are interested.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Its also not that players dont get scouted in big league, they are scouted in 2nd div clubs and also in some i league clubs. Also it provides them oppurtunity to get into PSUs.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Football associations should care for footballers, its easy for armchair intellectuals like us to pity on poor footballers or to decide that suddenly all state associations sud stop the making senior teams, but the impact it can get on footballers is not what we can gauge.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Its important to get the feel for the country's footballing culture than just looking at japan, UK, USA, Australia because they are successful...Indian has its own culture and the ultimate solution needs to be unique where footballers and state associations are in a win win situation.</font></div>