Indian Super League 2015

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Losing to a UAE Div 1 club 2-4 does not mean they are not strong enough. How good do you think ISL is?

Plus, it's pre-season. Delhi Dynamos lost 7-2 last week.
    goalkeepar
    I don't think anyone with a brain or with knowledge of football would say that ISL is on par yet with these leagues. And why should we? This league has not even started its second season! It is amazing with the glamour and stuff but the actual product needs time to get better.

It gets even worse if you have to restrict these teams to AFC foreign rules so no point doing what ifs for AFC competition as we would still fail to get to the group stages... Chinese teams are in the pre-qualifiers and an Aussie team in the Qualifier... good luck.
    Ashleshatuljgdhaliarun
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29726 Points
    forget ACL. ISL teams are east Asia club level. west asian teams from AFC cup can easily defeat any ISL club.
  • all isl teams are stronger this season with respect to quality of players also. we cant rule out or write off any team until and unless we see how they gel out in the first two rounds after isl kickstarts. we all know the last scenario as ATK started very strongly and faded away as the competition went ahead. no disprespect here. but we can expect teams to come up stronger this season too
    atuljgfox
    But still, it won't change much and I would not blame coaches for thinking of how bad Indians are... but hopefully dont say it or at least say it in a productive way.
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    edited September 2015
    Indians are not bad, get it through ur head, we proved that in india iran game wcq
    DXarunrudra
  • RonnyRonny 10497 Points
    Preseason or not..Goa fielded their best team so as to prepare for their opener.. a defense of Gregory and Lucio getting smashed for 4 goals in 70 mins is not good..UAE Div 1 clubs must be like I league best teams..can we expect an I league team to score 4 past Lucio and Gregory??
    atuljgTNAmarkFromIndiacoolgagan
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10068 Points
    How can we compare ISL clubs with ACL/ AFC clubs? Can we say Batman is better than Mike Tyson? or Muhammed Ali better than Superman?

Comparision should be apple to apple.
    goalkeeparAshleshnamewtheldatuljgsamiamfoxdhaliArsenalFan700kuldeep007
  • footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points
    sensibility does not necessarily mean underestimation and optimum pessimism.
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    @ashlesh
    Isnt this same heroics is what earned subrata pal a place in a foreign club after asia cup ?

Life injuries can happene anywhere any time on da field even with minor kicking da ball on the cheast